Engineers Canada / Website Project
Engineers Canada is the national organization of the provincial and territorial associations that regulate the practice of engineering in Canada and license the country's professional engineers.
Engineers Canada needed a complete redesign of their website, as their old site had become outdated and difficult to manage. The goal was to create a clean website design built within a content management system (CMS).
*Please keep in mind that the website is subject to change and may look different from the original intended design
- Created a design concept based on wireframes provided by the Creative Director
- Presented my concept to the client (which they chose)
- Assisted the developers with CMS templates and styling (CSS). Of note, created/coded an interactive map (which you can view here).
- Assisted with entering content into the CMS
- Took a large role in quality assurance, especially concerning design consistency and responsive functionality/design
- Encountered issues with complicated typography not working properly during responsive testing. It was often necessary to adapt and come up with new design solutions.
- Many people were working on stylesheets at the same time, sometimes causing messy code or unwanted results. A new system had to be put in place.
- This was my first time working with the Bootstrap framework and coding CSS using LESS. A little bit more time was needed to learn these new concepts.
- Provided the client with an easier platform (CMS) in which they can maintain their website.
- Determined a proper typographical hierarchy to keep things organized, easy to browse through and consistent.
- Created a design that fits the brand while applying a more modern look and feel.
- Was able to learn new methodologies (LESS and Bootstrap) and apply it successfully to this project.