The Canadian Hearing Society / Website Project
The Canadian Hearing Society(CHS) is the leading provider of services, products and information that remove barriers to communication, advance hearing health, and promote equity for people who are culturally deaf, oral deaf, deafened and hard of hearing.
The CHS needed a complete redesign of their website, as their old site had become outdated and cluttered. The client also communicated concerns about the visibility of their online store and donating page. The goal was to reorganize the content to fit client needs while still keeping the user in mind. Lastly, it was also important to give the client some sort of content management system (CMS) so that they could manage their website with ease and keep things organized.
*Please keep in mind that the website is subject to change and may look different from the original intended design
- Worked with the User Experience professional by:
- Taking their user data results and converting them into simple visual representations for the client
- Contributing with establishing a proper website architecture.
- Creating the page wireframes
- Designed the website based on already approved moodboards
- Assisted the developers with CMS templates and styling (CSS)
- Assisted with entering content into the CMS
- Took a large role in quality assurance, especially concerning design consistency and responsive functionality/design
- Creating a design that uses colours and contrasts that pass accessibility guidelines.
- Creating a design that is responsive and doesn't break when the font size is changed (for accessibility)
- Due to experimental accessibility tools developed for the website, it was often necessary to adapt and come up with new design solutions.
- Structured the content so that it's more organized, easier to navigate through and stays consistent.
- Provided the client with an easier platform (CMS) in which they can maintain their website
- Made sure that the donation page and online store was prominent enough on the homepage and throughout the website.
- Created a design that fits the brand while applying a more modern look and feel.
- Created a design that stays true to accessibility guidelines.